Saturday, September 19, 2009

Being Here: In the Old and the New.

I will never get Friday, September 18, 2009 back. I never got it at all, actually. It slipped around one side of the earth as my plane flew the other direction and landed me in Auckland, New Zealand on Saturday the 19th. I left Los Angeles on Thursday the 17th.

So, here I sit in the living room of a family I already know is going to become very dear to me. The Marlars are missionaries from Texas who picked Elise and I up at the airport and have been doing their best to encourage us to stay awake throughout the day. We're doing quite well considering it's already 5:15 pm.

Much of today has simply felt surreal, revisiting One Tree Hill and the house in Glendowie we lived in for three years.


Conversation is continuing to bring about a clearer picture of what my daily life will look like here in Auckland and the ministries I will be working with at North Shore Church of Christ, and I am encouraged by the knowledge that I have three months ahead of me to learn from and build upon.

Please pray that I dive in deeply and confidently, with roots well planted.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been to One Tree Hill in years. Is the tree still there? From memory there has been the occasional attempt to cut it down.

    So excited you guys are over here now. You'll have to make sure you come down South so I can show you around Christchurch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are there safe and sound and we will pray...for so much joy you burst! :)I am praying your time with Jesus and friends will be rich and memorable and full of beauty there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lael! So glad to see that you arrived safely. I am excited for you and the adventures you will have. I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michal: The tree is no longer there! I don't know the story of how it came down, but it's now a lonely looking hilltop. Elise and I are dying to come down and see you! Hope it happens soon!

    Beauty&Joy: Thanks so much for your prayers. They are deeply treasured.

    Deanna: Thanks for stopping by! Hope all is well back in dear ol' Abilene.

    ReplyDelete

Kia ora! Thank you for reading my blog and going on this journey with me. I love receiving comments and always try to reply to them, so please let me know you've stopped by.