Thursday, November 19, 2009

Counting and Savoring

I've made some decisions. There are some things I want to do.

First of all, I want to savor my (potentially-)last month in this internship. And I want to incorporate a gratitude journal into my New Normal. I used to be in the habit of writing down ten things I was thankful for at the end of each day (my mom inspired this by sending me a journal for that specific purpose during my first year of university, when I was struggling to find joy in Texas).

I have been enjoying the blog Holy Experience for several months and been fed and inspired spiritually by the author's thoughts and observations. Especially concerning gratitude.

So, this blog is going to become a little more active. I aim to write up a brief post each night that includes a list of gratitudes I have gathered throughout the day and a photo from the day as well. Perhaps something with the theme of redemptive beauty. Anything, really, that catches my eye.

Let's begin with today:

i like red

23*. A better night's sleep.
24. Last day of Bible in Schools (not that I don't like it, but it's a milestone).
25. Time for this.
26. Breakfast provided from another's cupboards/fridge.
27. Getting to connect with kids today (thru Bible in Schools).
28. Holy Experience.
29. Good walking shoes.
30. Email from my brother - highlight of my day.
31. Music that connects.
32. Holding a paintbrush.
33. Such fond memories of San Francisco.

*This list starts at twenty-three because I started it two days ago. Planning to go to a thousand (and beyond).

1 comment:

  1. My gratitude list...
    1. My precious daughter, Lael,
    2. Her artwork on my walls,
    3. Hearing her voice on Skype today,
    4. Knowing God's care for her,
    5. I get to see her in about 47 days...

    ReplyDelete

Kia ora! Thank you for reading my blog and going on this journey with me. I love receiving comments and always try to reply to them, so please let me know you've stopped by.